Statement of Faith
* This is in no means an exhaustive list of all that we believe, for brevity's sake we chose to summarize our beliefs into these points but if you want to know more, feel free to contact us. *
1. THE BIBLE: We believe that the Bible is God’s Holy Word, given through verbal inspiration
from God Himself. The Bible is the supreme and final authority in all matter of faith, doctrine,
and practice, and is the complete and inerrant Word of God. We believe that God has preserved
His Word in the King James Bible, and use it as our English Bible and its best equivalent in
Portuguese. ( II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1: 19-21).
2. THE TRUE GOD: We believe that there is only one eternal, true and living God, existing in
three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. He is the creator of everything as well as giver and
sustainer of Life. ( Genesis 1: 26; Luke 3: 21-22 ).
3. GOD THE SON: We believe in the Deity, virgin birth, voluntary death, and bodily resurrection
of Jesus Christ. (Isaiah 7: 14; Matthew 1: 18-25; Romans 5:8; Mark 16:1-6 ).
4. GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the person of God Holy Spirit is active in all God
does, and He works on the unsaved world convincing man of sin, and of righteousness, and of
judgment. He is the agent in the new birth; that He seals, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses,
sanctifies and helps the believer. (Genesis 1:1-3; John 16:8-11; John 3:5-7; Ephesians 4:30)
5. SATAN: We believe in the personality of Satan, that he is the unholy god of this age, and the
ruler of all the powers of darkness, and is destined to the judgment of an eternal justice in the
lake of fire. (Matthew. 4:11; II Corinthians 4:4; Rev. 20:10)
6. MAN: We believe God created man in His image, according to His own likeness, and that He
created them male and female; that due to Adam’s disobedience, he fell into sin and that because
of this all are born as sinners; Due to the fallen state of all mankind, each person is a sinner
condemned to hell, to an eternal separation from God, and they can only escape that by receiving
the eternal salvation, by trusting completely in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which is offered to
all. ( Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:10,23, 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; II Peter 3:9; John 14:6).
7. THE SECURITY OF THE SAVED: We believe in the eternal security of the saved, who
should live righteous and separated lives, not to maintain their salvation, but constrained by their
love and obedience to their Lord and owner. (John 6:37, 10:28-29; Romans 8:35-39).
8. THE LOCAL CHURCH: We believe in a local church where Christ is the head; where it’s task
is the salvation of souls near and far; where it’s officers are pastor (bishop) and deacons; where
it’s ordinances are baptism by immersion and the Lord’s supper; where it’s separation is total
from the world, from false religions, and from the state; where it’s motive for coming together is
for worshiping, praying and studying God’s word; where it’s members are saved by grace
through faith and baptized by immersion. (Ephesians 5:23; Matthew 28:19-20; I Timothy 3:1-16;
Titus 1:6-9; Matthew 28:19; Luke 22:19- 20; I Peter 1:15-16).
9. THE RETURN OF CHRIST: We believe in the visible, personal, pre-tribulation and pre-
millennial return of Jesus Christ to take His bride. (Acts 1:9-11; I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
For brevities sake, this is not everything we believe, but a basic sample. Please feel free to contact me
if you feel the need to know more specifics on any topic. Thank you.